Saturday 14 May 2016

Wednesday 4th May 2016

As I go to a Pilates class on a Wednesday night, I wanted to do the walk during the day.  It might have been a slight mistake to go out after lunch, as I seemed to be feeling less energetic. The first picture is the route taken today.  They will eventually get a little familiar to you, as there are only so many ways I can go. The next photo shows the Great Oak Tree, part of the Black and White Village Trail, it is rumoured to be mentioned in the Domesday Book but it is a little too young for that as it is approximately 600 - 800 years old. Following a fire it has a hollow centre that will fit quite a few people. My children used to love to play inside. 

A little further along the road I decided to take a short cut and follow a footpath that leads nearly to the top of my drive.  As I paused on the stile in the lovely sunshine I was startled by a strange noise, I hesitantly looked further into the field and there were a few sheep lazing in the shade and, I am fairly certain, snoring!


No comments:

Post a Comment