Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tuesday 24th May 2016

I really, really didn't feel like walking today, it was a busy day at the school supervising the pupils taking their GCSE's. I also sell handmade cards and had four orders to do in the evening plus a couple of other little jobs including this blog.  In other words, I just didn't think I could spare the time.
However, I set off with my camera and I'm so glad I did. It was nice just to slow the brain down a little, breath in fresh air and have a little sun on my face. 

 I managed to take another photo of the goats from a bedroom window just before I set off; I see they were still eating the hedge.  I could do with borrowing them but I suspect they wouldn't just eat the hedge.

After showing you our largest oak tree, this is our baby at 16 years old.  This is the one with its own certificate as it was grown from an acorn found on the Great Oak tree to mark the millennium.  I was contemplating how long it would take to reach the telephone wires.  I might just have planted it in the wrong place.

I have yet another picture of the mountains to show you but it is landscape and wouldn't fit in the frame so I will save it for another day.  This Thursday is the start of the famous Hay Literary Festival when the small border town of Hay-on-Wye will be filled with visitors and celebrities.

Before we moved here (over thirty years ago) this rhododendron was already established and still going strong, it is about to be covered in these beautiful flowers.

Talking of beautiful flowers, on a part of our drive we can't get at to mow, this cow parsley waves mockingly at us.  It is, however, rather splendid when in full flower.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment