Saturday 28 May 2016

Saturday 29th May

While walking today, it occurred to me that I will find it difficult to stop looking for photos opportunities and mulling over what I would be writing in my blog when walking in the future.  I have four more entries to do so here we go with today's.

Our goats and sheep neighbours are gone!  I don't think they have escaped through the open gate, it was just time for them to move but we will miss watching their antics.

 I just had to take this beautiful tree in a nearby garden, I couldn't get close enough to see what it is but it is stunning.

This arrow wasn't for me, it is pointing into a field along the road and, judging by the sign on the main road, is for a 'fun ride' that I presume will be horses and ponies, although it was a tractor event one year.  I can't remember whether it will be Sunday or Monday so must remember to avoid that route, although I would probably get some good photographs!

This bench was placed by the local post box, not sure why.  There are stunning views for the weary traveller but only when the hedge in front is low.  It is also really uncomfortable so don't think anyone would stay there long.  I must admit I've not seen anyone using it - a bit of a mystery.

Next to the bench is the front of what used to be a manse and there is a photo in the archives (brought out whenever Eardisley has a suitable event or a festival) showing the pupils lined up by the Great Oak.  It is now a private house and I have been lucky enough to go inside to visit some previous owners, the kitchen is a very tall room and I remember thinking how difficult it must be to dust up that high.  I am sure there are some handy tools that will reach these days but I'm glad it's not my problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment