Thursday 26 May 2016

Thursday 26th May 2016

I split my walk into two sections today as, again, I only had a short time between jobs to fit in some exercise.

It takes me 35 minutes to get to the school where I invigilate but there is a shortcut. I try to avoid it, as it is a 1 in 4 gradient so very steep with few passing places.  I feel like I'm playing musical chairs whenever I use it as I hover by each passing place in case a vehicle wants to go by.

Today I used it twice, first because I wanted to be at school earlier than usual but was running later than usual and, second, so I could stop and have a ten minute walk, as the views are spectacular.  You can see how it just opens up in front of you and makes you feel on top of the world.  What is it about views that are instantly relaxing?  It was quite nice to be safely parked and having a little wander.

The next stage was reached by carrying on over the hill and crossing a narrow bridge over the river.  I parked by this post box, how ever many years must that been situated there? I wonder if it was purposefully built for the post box or if there was a building there originally.

I walked down to the bridge that is another place where we have to stop to make sure nothing is coming, as it is so narrow.  I presume all these tracks and bridges were built with just walking and horse traffic in mind. They could have never envisaged how many vehicles would be using these routes today.

The river was calm and peaceful, it is a popular place for people to gather in hot weather but, in the last photo, you can see the ominous levels the river can come up to when swollen with rain.  I hope you enjoyed the different scenery brought to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment