Saturday 21 May 2016

Saturday 21st May 2016

Another wet day, this makes my photos a little dull.  As you can see, the rain was so heavy it formed a little river that usually finds its way down our drive, gradually eroding the tarmac. I made it out between storms and incorporated my walk with visiting a friend and neighbour.

 The goats were eating the hedge again and encouraging one of the sheep to copy them.

 I did a trip 'round the block' and, as my friend lives by the Great Oak tree, thought I would give you a closer view and also show you the inside (the one that was made even more hollow by a fire inside sometime in the 1930s).  It is so long since I have looked inside the tree, the local children just have to go in as soon as they see it - some adults too! I believe that the whole area was a forest in medieval times. 
 
The last photo shows one of our oak trees, almost as splendid as the Great Oak and must have been there for many years but it is still a youngster in comparison. 

It was quite a while before I finished my walk and finally made it home as the minute I got to my friend's house, the heavens opened.  I was forced to shelter there with a cup of tea and maybe I also had a small piece of cake.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment