Wednesday 18 May 2016

Wednesday 18th May 2016

We are still experiencing sudden, heavy rainstorms so, after lunch I nipped out while the sun was shining, as shown in the first photo.  I was very pleased to see a couple of horses as a few fields down, some of my favourite animals.  I think he was going to come and say hello or 'what do you think you are doing?'

The third photo I actually took last but this was the contrast when I was coming back.  In just a short time, the sky had changed and I made it just before the next storm.

The cow parsley is now nearly as tall as I am; I love it when the verge is all big and blowsy except when trying to see if anything is coming when driving out on to the road. It used to eventually be cut down to make the roads safer to use, both for pedestrians and traffic but cuts in budgets seems to be the excuse not to do this now, under the guise of saving the wildflowers. They are quite tough; they would survive just one cut a year.

Nestled in the flowers are two brand new boxes that enable us to get fibre broadband at last.  It is only the cost that now prohibits us!  They stuck out when first put in but are now blending in with the foliage.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment