Sunday 15 May 2016

Sunday 15th May 2016


Another perfect day today. Decided to try to take a photo of the Black Mountains so combined two walks.  First, I went across just one large field as there was a tractor working in the second and then up my drive where, it turned out, some of the best views were to be found.

I have discovered one of the best things about these walks is I am taking notice of the wild flowers that are blooming this time of year, I'm not saying I never noticed before but, because I am taking photographs, it has renewed my interest in knowing their names.  I used to know so many of them but I'm ashamed to say seem to have forgotten some. Just walking up and down my drive has made me more observant and it is something I must continue to do.

The advent of the digital camera was one of the best things to happen, no worries about spoiled films and, even though the sun makes it difficult to see the image at the time, meaning I just point in the right direction and hope, I get some pretty good results, in my opinion.  For me, Photoshop is another top invention, with a crop here and there and a bit of 'rubbing out' the worst photos are immensely improved.

I was extremely surprised to have taken 48 photos today, don't worry you don't have to see them all but there is a selection below, including the intended project of the Black Mountains. They make a beautiful background, don't they? Can you smell the apple blossom too?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment