Saturday 14 May 2016

Monday 2nd May 2016

A work day today so little opportunity to get out for a walk but downed tools and managed to get out at the end of the working day. A bit too windy for me, I prefer a gentle summer breeze, but at least the rain had stopped.

 To walk from my home I can either turn right and go across fields or go up the drive and I mean up! Our drive was an old farm track and is very steep at the top.  The photo shows what faces me, easy for some but not for me. It is much more fun to walk with someone but, as I struggle to speak when I reach the top, perhaps it's just as well I am usually alone. My legs were protesting a little and I really hope this will improve over the next month.

I got into a good rhythm when walking along the road.  As it was home time for workers, I did have to hop on and off the verge a few times as cars passed me. In places with no verge I found myself speared on pieces of holly as I pressed back into the hedge. It's not only town walking that involves potential hazards.

Tractors were turning the earth in one field so I had the lovely scent of the rich Herefordshire loam, the bleat of the lambs and a few busy birds in the trees. It was a very good way of unwinding after a day's concentration in front of the computer.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment