Sunday 15 May 2016

Friday 6th May 2016

Today I have been counting for a local election so a long day.  It was evening before I could get out and intended to go across the fields but the farmer had been spraying and the smell was obnoxious. I got so far and turned round, deciding I couldn't walk across two fields with my hand over my mouth and nose.

One of my dreads this time of year is the crops of oil seed rape as that affects my throat and eyes when it bursts open (as it has today).  I am lucky that I don't get hay fever but that one vivid yellow crop causes me problems each year.  There are hazards in the countryside as well as the town! 

So I went up my drive (first photo is looking back down), turned right and down the road. Whichever way I go there is a slope or hill at some point; though it might be my imagination, I thought it might have been ever so slightly easier at the top of my drive today.

Look at this beautiful flower on the verge.  I used to know the names of many wild flowers but seem to have forgotten some of them.

Another nice view of the climb back up and the scut of a rabbit on the way back. (I was on my way back, not sure where he was going).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment