Sunday 15 May 2016

Saturday 14th May 2016


Busy day today, I went to a French conversation class this morning and then someone came out to help me catch up with the garden a little, as I lost so much time with the vertigo problem. What a perfect day! My washing was blowing in the breeze with the sun quickly drying it. It was just the right temperature to prune one of my forsythias then a quick tea before walking across the fields. 

The scene changes daily, it is almost possible to see the crops growing while the weeds and grass on the footpath shoot up even faster.  The cuckoo has been noisier than ever and I often feel he has a mocking tone when he sees I am working or getting a bit warm on a walk.

Our house looks towards the Black Mountains and this route brings me even closer.  They seem close enough to touch but I know they are in the next county and quite a drive away.  They are just to the right of the hills in the photo, will try to get a photo including the mountains next time. They are our first indication of the weather - if they are capped with snow, it will be chilly outside and if we can't see them then it's raining!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment