Sunday 15 May 2016

Monday 9th May 2016

After working all day and with a lot more work of my own to be done this evening, I didn't really feel like going out, particularly as rain looked imminent.  However, I got kitted up and off I went.  A left turn today, with a stunning view towards the Black Mountains.

Disappointingly, I found three pieces of litter within a very short distance.  Why would anyone want to ruin this Earth and maybe harm birds or animals with their rubbish that they are too lazy to take home? 

Our bins are kept at the top of our drive and we bring the rubbish up to them.  Sometimes we find random rubbish has been placed in one of them.  A bit of a cheek but far better than leaving it on the roadside.

 
This time my walk didn't relax me as much as it should.  Too much on my mind, I think, plus I am a bit of a fair weather walker and the grey skies seemed to affect my mood slightly.  Still, I thought to myself, I've kept to the pledge and it must have done me some good even if just to switch the mind off a little. My cheerleaders (sisters) pointed out that a week has gone already, I was thinking 31 days total to do, not the attitude I know, but thinking in weeks is a better way of looking at it.

 
On a more cheerful note, there is a variety of old established trees down our drive. Mostly oak, with a few ash, sycamore and one beech.  Also a baby oak that has a certificate of its own.  It was grown by a local man from an acorn belonging to the Great Oak tree (see Wednesday 4th) and sold for charity during the millennium year.  Just a few days ago, the oak trees were busy getting into leaf while the others were lagging behind.  Today, with the warm weather we have had, they are all springing into life and forming an avenue across the drive.



 

 

 

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment