Wednesday 25 May 2016

Wednesday 25th May 2016

I literally only had 20 minutes spare today. After coming back from invigilating and before getting ready for Pilates, I popped out as I am determined not to miss a day at this stage.

 My first photo shows, again, the cow parsley but this patch is at the top of the drive. As the whole verge grows day by day it becomes increasingly more difficult to see to drive out onto the road. I will have to bring the shears next time.  Walking isn't a problem, though!

 There are only a few sheep and lambs left in the field now but these two were posing beautifully as bookends. Then I spotted the two goats - can you see them in the third photo?

Another plant that I don't know the name of, I'm not sure if it is going out of or coming into flower. I will have to add a wildflower book to my backpack, as well as the shears.

 On my return journey, the goats were being more co-operative.  They are very sweet and seem to have been adopted by one of the sheep as they are quite often following her around.
 
My cheerleaders (sisters) continue to encourage me but insist I send a photo each day to prove I have done the walk and they also get a personal copy of the blog. I'm sure it's keeping them entertained.


No comments:

Post a Comment